Job Title: Communications & Project Manager
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Time Period: Starting November 1st 2015
Contract Basis: 6 months initially
Work Schedule: 5 days – 40 hours per week
About the EGCOA:
The European Golf Course Owners Association (EGCOA) is a trade association, which provides a range of services to support golf course owners, and which represents their interests and seeks to improve the golf business on a European level. The EGCOA supports owners through the dissemination and sharing of knowledge, and through the creation of a range of programs for growth of the game, and through cooperation with other EU stakeholders. The EGCOA represents more than 800 members in 24 European countries. In 14 of these countries, the National Associations are also members of the EGCOA (www.egcoa.eu).
About the Position:
You will be responsible for a wide-range of projects and tasks, including:
- Developing and Leading specific association projects.
- Providing support for our national owners associations & members.
- Central buying / purchasing programs & member benefits including account management.
- Support and expansion of our network of preferred suppliers & business partners
- New members acquisition.
- Office administration including bookkeeping.
- Sponsorship sales for the annual EGCOA conference.
- Hiring / guiding of interns.
- Assisting with a range of EGCOA events and meetings, incl. the annual European Golf Business Conference.
- Managing all EGCOA online and offline communications.
You will work in close co-operation with the EGCOA Director and the EGCOA events manager.
We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and highly organized individual, with a strong team spirit and an eye for a good business opportunity. Your responsibilities and tasks will be very diverse. We are looking for someone who is flexible, committed and grounded. You must also be able to work well under pressure and to prioritize wisely. You will work in a small team, with a lot of responsibility.
Although it would be a plus, you do not necessarily need to play golf. An affinity with sports is, however, important. Excellent English-language skills (written and spoken) are also essential to this position. Native English speakers are very welcome. Knowledge of other European languages also an advantage.
Experience: Not essential, although some work or studies in a similar environment would be an advantage. Recent University/HBO graduates are very welcome.
Please send your CV and letter of introduction to John King at the EGCOA – email@example.com
Danzigerkade 8, 1013 AP Amsterdam, or call +31 (0)20 3306103.
Deadline for submissions: 15th October 2015. www.egcoa.eu